Frequently Asked Questions
1. What’s the thickest material that you can cut on your laser?
We specialize in cutting carbon steel up to 1.0″ and stainless steel up to 0.75″. We also cut aluminum up to 0.75″
2. What materials can you process?
The raw materials for processing are mainly: aluminum, stainless and carbon steel as well as copper alloy
3. What do I need to provide in order to get a quote?
The more information you provide, the more accurate the pricing will be. Items required include:
- DXF drawings are preferred / samples if available
- Quantities required
- Timing and required scheduled delivery of finished goods
4. Do you offer plant tours so we understand your capabilities?
We always welcome visitors. We do need you to contact us in advance for scheduling purposes
5. How is your quality assurance system implemented?
We have a comprehensive control system managed and led by an independent quality group within the shop. Product testing includes a number of pieces of equipment to strictly control the precision and tolerance of the finished product as per drawing specification.
6. What international certifications and qualifications do you hold?
We have ISO9001:2015 quality management system certification
7. Buy America?
Champ can satisfy any Buy America certification requirements
Champ can help you satisfy any Canadian ITB requirements
We have enjoyed a business relationship with Champ Metal Fabrication for over 25 years, and you could not ask for a better supplier of leading edge, quality products. We’ve had business dealings with every shop in Winnipeg, and today we would not think of going anywhere else.”– MAGIKIST LTD.